We surpassed yet another milestone; you’re ten months old, a very healthy and happy baby. Yay! Thankfully you did not catch mommy’s sickness.
First things first, you have a tooth now. Hooray! It finally came about midway to your tenth month, and I don’t know why but instead of losing appetite because of your teething, you have instead acquired quite an appetite in semi-solids. Or maybe Mommy’s food has been way appetizing?
Whatever that is, I am just thankful and happy that you liked most of the food I served you; you are now the one asking for another bite. Insert emoticon with sparkling heart eyes!
For the results of the monthly checkup, you now weigh 11.3kg and are 73cm tall. The pediatrician said that you’re in good shape.
Here are the things you love:
1. Balls – you love them now more than ever, you enjoy them the most when we play catch.
2. Yellow Truck – Thank you Tita Bianx for this gift, this has been his favorite from the day he laid eyes on it, but now, we probably need a new one as the tires broke a couple days ago.
3. Teether – more so if they are frozen.
4. Books – you love it when Mommy reads it to you, you listen attentively and loves it when we reenact the story. I actually memorized two of your books and I think you did too!
5. Crawling – I was worried that you won’t learn this (properly), but with your expanded play area; you are now everywhere. Going up and down of the bed to your play area and the laptop. Always finding ways to grab Mommy’s things.You move so quickly na!
6. Nightly playtime with mom and dad – you really know how to play now, and can communicate when you want to. Oh Niklaus, you’re growing up too fast and smart.
7. Watching TV – This is one of my frustration, I hope I will have it controlled. But watching Peppa Pig and Little Baby Bum on Netflix or the commercials in the local channel never fail to make you jump in joy.
8. Nursery Rhymes – You love listening to them, I can see that you also seemed to have memorize them. If you can talk now, I’m sure you will sing them with me.
9. Horse – Thank you Tita Iza for his toy horse, he really loves riding it and he can already mimic the movement of riding a real horse. Such a cutie!
10. Black and White Blanket – he loves playing with it, we used it as a make-shift tent/teepee. He’s got the best reactions playing with it.
…and here are the things I love about your age now (let’s just limit it to that so I can finish with this post):
1. I love saying and showing you how much I love you, I hope you’ll not get tired of it, ever, especially when I start to get annoying both unintentionally and intentionally. This is really the months when you started learning that your mom could be really annoying. Haha! But I know you love it, too.
2. I really love how attentive you are when we read stories to you. I hope you will really grow to be a book worm.
3. I think you are the most playful now and I love how you call on us, reminding us that it’s our playtime.
4. I love the look in your eyes when you’re about to do something you know you shouldn’t do. You sneaky little human!
5. I did say you’re growing up smart, right? Haha, every time I try to bribe you with things or toys to stay on the bed, you always end up going to the bed and getting away with that toy/thing with you.
6. You love dancing, and you want it best with dad or me.
7. Your tooth, oh I love it so much, looking at it is so comforting and joyful. I even love it when you use it to bite me.
8. You love when I sing to you and I love that, especially when it makes you giddy and smile.
9. I think the teething makes you clingier, and I love it but please know that you’re dad is always there for you, too.
10. I love how curious and patient you are, please keep being like that. Out of your curiosity, you discover a new toy care of my navel. You could stay and play with it for a couple of minutes.
Love you so much Niklaus!!! Mommy still has so many things to learn about you and how I can raise you to be a good man. I thank the Lord for your patience to your crazy parents.