MOMMY A: The Grateful Heart

Wednesday, November 30, 2016



This year has been the most eventful year in my life so far, and probably the best, too. Many challenges and struggles were thrown upon me but amidst of it all, the happy moments really strike through. This post should have been posted during Thanksgiving celebration in the United States, but it turned-out one sitting is not enough to finish this, but still I want to take this opportunity to list down the things that I'm grateful for; and of course to give thanks to the Lord for gracing me of all this blessings that sometimes I don't think I deserve.


1. My stress balls, my FAMILY. This is what I'm most thankful for, my own little family. We (i.e., me, Niklaus and Momo) are all new in this family and we are learning from each other. There's so much to learn, so many first to experience, it's terrifying at times but mostly exciting. It's not all day happy day, but it really is everyday happy, especially with Little Niklaus. Whatever you went through the day, he'll make sure you'll smile before going to sleep. He's such a great kid, I didn't know what I did to deserve him. So thank you dear Lord! 

          Momo and I have been together for quite long now but there's still so much to learn especially as co-parents to Niklaus. I love how we are still open to each other, it takes a lot of effort and swallowing of pride at times, but I guess that what's marriage is?


2. Motherhood. This is one of the biggest challenge and blessing I receive this year; it really hones me into this individual that I sometimes don't recognize. You know when I was still a single, I was really amazed and surprised how sacrificial mothers can be to their children. I don't know how they do it. Now that I'm a mom myself, I was able to answer some of these questions I have. The overwhelming love you have in your heart will make you do anything for your child. It's like when I pushed this bouncing baby boy out of me, a switch was turned on that makes you a teeny-tiny bit of a super-human. 


3. Becoming more patient. I used to be one of the most impatient person I know, but through time and having Niklaus around really prolongs my patience. Having a kid around makes you look at things differently and in many perspectives. I  am not saying that you go get yourself pregnant and have a kid, it just what's really worked for me. I guess Lord has his own unique way of answering our prayers. Yes, I have prayed for this gift every single night. So for those of you who don't have plans of getting your own family, try to look things differently, like through a child's eye. It's not a day of learning but it surely is effective and useful especially nowadays I am faced with difficult people.
CAVEAT: I'm still impatient for unpunctual people.


4. Being more focus on the now. In our fast pace generation, sometimes, I found myself just doing things for the sake of it and forgetting to be mindful of the moments and the joy of doing it. Honestly, there was a time in my life that I do things for the sake of Instagram post, thank God, I am way past that.


5. Few close friends. I am really thankful that at this age I have narrowed down a few close friends that I can rely on. I used to hate people who burned bridges, but now that I'm on the other side of it, I understand why you need to burn bridges sometimes.


6. The continuous drive and motivation to be better. It's really God's grace that my thirst for learning never stop even when I finish schooling.  I would like to encourage you my dear readers to never stop learning!


7. The difficulties in life. Be it a situation or a person, I am thankful that these things pass my life. To you difficult person or situation, however stress you give me, thank you for teaching me a lesson or two and making me a better individual.


8. Dear Readers. Thank you very much for reaching this far, and for always dropping by my blog. I appreciate the time and effort you spare in the Life of A. You are the second reason why I still continue blogging, of course, my love for writing is the first. Feel free to comment below, I would love to know you.


Many thanks and lots of love

~A


No comments :

Post a Comment