Back again!

Monday, July 20, 2015



So I've tried cooking again last couple of weeks, I just missed and I feel like I just have to do it. So here are some of the product of my passionate cooking. Get hungry! =D


Tuna marinara spaghetti
Buttered fish fillet with carrots and asparagus


Pickled cucumber (not cooked, though)
Since, I'm a little braggart myself, I got some comparison from my favorite american-ized italian restaurant, California Pizza Kitchen. We did not use the same ingredient but the quality and taste is just equally comparable. And of course, we all know that home cooked are way cheaper than restaurant bought, so that's another plus.






See what I mean? It's hard to tell which is which right?



I wouldn't be posting this just to brag about my cooking skills. So I'm sharing with you the recipe of this simple yet very delish pasta.

1 can / 180 g. of corned tuna (I used San Marino corned tuna)
250g of diced fresh tomatoes (I used the canned one)
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 onion bulb, sliced
A pinch of dried basil and rosemary
Quickmelt cheese (put as many as you prefer)
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil
125 g. of spaghetti
butter

1. Boil just enough water to cook your pasta, make sure to put some oil and salt to ensure an al dente texture.
2. On a separate pan, saute the garlic and onion until the garlic is golden brown and onion translucent.
3. Put in the corned tuna and cooked for 2 to 3 minutes, then put in the tomatoes. Let it steam for 2 to 3 minutes while stirring it.
4. Pinch in the salt, peper, dried basil and rosemary. Taste it and adjust the seasonings according to taste.
5. Before adding more salt, put on some of your grated cheese.
6. Don't forget you're pasta, take it off the cooking and blanche it in cold water to stop cooking. Dress it in some butter for taste and avoid stickyness.
7. You're sauce is probably cooked, pour it on your pasta generously and add in some more cheese.
8. Voila, dig in you're fresh and delicious pasta!

Serves two to three person, depending on their appetite.

I may not be a good recipe writer but you will surely love the result. Try it and let me know how it goes! Happy cooking and eating! <3

No comments :

Post a Comment